CathCAD® is the SOFTWARE solution that allows the User to develop/define the construction parameters for the fabrication of composite tubing with the desired output mechanical properties.
- Construction parameters include materials and reinforcement wires (braid, coil, and/or reinforcement wires)
- Geometry includes ID, OD, and individual layer thicknesses
- Mechanical properties include flexural, axial/longitudinal, torsional rigidities and also include kink radius, tensile strength, and internal/external failure pressures.
- Supports the analysis of Single and Multilumen Designs
- The SOFTWARE includes a Fusedown Designer algorithm which may be used to precisely specify the design of the fuse down tube for braided composite tubing
The SOFTWARE has found its application in the development of minimally invasive catheter solutions. The SOFTWARE has been successfully utilized in developing catheter solutions ranging from 0.5 to 25 French sizes. The SOFTWARE computational engine is based on engineering principles and is NOT based on empirical, tabulated, or measurement data.
CathCAD® includes a comprehensive materials and braid wire database hosted on a MySQL server. The base materials library includes over sixty materials including Polyimide, PTFE, PFA, PEEK, FEP, ETFE, PeBax, Polyurethanes, Polyethylene (LDPE, MDPE, and HDPE), Grilamid, and Vestamid. The software will model Extrusion AND Film Cast materials as well as material combinations, that is, the software modelling capabilities are process independent.
An individual materials and braid wire database are created for your firm. Our CathACCESS® software utility program allows you to easily add/subtract/modify items in the materials database to meet your specific design requirements.
The CathCAD® Software has been validated and a summary of the validation protocol is available.